If you are stressed about exams, you’re not alone. Exam stress affects every student in many different ways: it is usual to feel overwhelmed and stressed, but you should be aware of strategies to manage how you feel. Knowing how to manage stress improves your health and allows you to become more productive. Follow our tips to support you in managing exam stress.
Tips to eliminate exam stress
- Exercise: Physical activity combats stress, boosts your mood and helps you to relax.
- Cut out caffeine: Caffeine is a stimulant and increases your stress levels.
- Sleep: It is essential to get a good amount of sleep, so you focus well. You should aim for at least 7-8 hours of a good night’s sleep.
- Prepare and Organise: Being prepared reduces your stress levels, so follow a timetable and make a to-do list.
- Eat Well: A balanced, healthy diet is crucial as it helps you to progress well.
- Don’t miss breakfast! Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day as it improves your concentration and productivity. Skipping breakfast leads to hunger, exhaustion and lack of focus.
- Think Positive: Develop a positive mindset and believe in yourself.
- Take regular breaks: Studies have shown that breaks increase your creativity and productivity.
- Don’t doubt yourself: You are your own person with your own abilities and strengths.
- Talk to someone: Discussing how you feel helps distract you from your stressful thoughts and release built-up tension.