Environment & Planning Graduate Business Consultant https://www.smartrecruiters.com/NorthgatePublicServices/743999679447813-environment-planning-graduate-business-consultant
United Kingdom, gb
Our philosophy is to understand our customers’ business first before we get to the technology.
This approach leads to clever software; streamlining old processes, saving money and delivering positive change.
Our technology has helped the NHS screen millions of babies for hearing loss, ensures hundreds of housing providers are managing their homes efficiently and helps officers in over a dozen different police forces to make better decisions at the frontline.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC Corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Working as part of the Environment & Planning Consultancy team, this is a client-facing role delivering business consultancy, change management, training and implementation services to our clients. The role also includes preparing associated documentation. As part of this role you will be assigned a mentor who will work with you to assist you in your learning to enable you to carry out the duties detailed below.
The job can involve extensive travel and overnight stays.
Duties & Responsibilities
Delivery of product sales demonstrations for NPS Environment and Planning
• Acquire and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the Northgate Public Services Environment and Planning software applications and the associated business processes.
• Assist in the provision of consultancy to clients as part of transformation programmes and help to identify and implement efficiency savings & cost reductions.
• Gain an understanding of customer’s current and future requirements and turn these into effective deliverables to achieve the desired outcomes.
• Provide consultancy to clients on the set-up and use of the software applications in line with their business requirements.
• Own and manage assigned client relationships as directed by the Customer Delivery Manager.
• Deliver innovative training courses to clients ensuring they meet the project brief and the needs of the client.
• Maintain business domain knowledge, through journals, websites and other appropriate media.
Required Knowledge and Experience
A Graduate in a IT/business related discipline to a minimum of an upper second class level with:-
• A strong desire to be successful within the organisation with a clear view on personal goals and objectives
• A good level of understanding of effective customer service.
• Good problem solving skills and an enthusiastic and pro-active approach
• The ability to interact effectively with staff and team members at all levels but also to be able to work on your own.
• Proficient use of MS Office
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the Environment & Planning business area
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to work flexibly and creatively in a dynamic project environment
• Good presentation skills
• Candidates should hold a valid full UK driving licence.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits: Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.